Natural Bridge in Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon

LocationsUtah Trip

A week or so ago, I was talking to the clerk at the bookstore in Moab, UT. We were talking about sights in the area and how few of them are seen. The majority of tourists come through and see the same viewpoints that everyone else sees. Take the same pictures. Visit the same landmarks. He told me an axiom that he had heard and I’ve thought about it a lot this trip. He said that 98 percent of people see 2 percent of the land. It’s always been a goal of mine to be one of the 2 percent; to see some of the things that the other 98 percent will never see. Keep reading

  • Share on:
Ding Dang Dome

Ding Dang

LocationsUtah Trip

Ever heard of Ding Dang Canyons or Ding Dang Dome? Neither had we until Friday morning. I’d heard my Uncle Harold refer to someone as a ding dang dummy, but that was about the extent of it. We were talking to the camping neighbors on Friday morning and one of the guys asked if we’d ever hiked Ding Dang Canyons. “Oh, you got to hike them,” he said. “They are two of the best slot canyons in the area,” Steve told us. Steve was one of eight guys that came in and set up camp next to us at 12:30 in the morning on Friday. Keep reading

  • Share on:
Happy Birthday!

Well, We’re Off

Utah Trip

I know it’s hard to believe, but we’ve been at this blog thing for a whole year already. I know, you can’t believe you’ve been waiting eagerly every Saturday morning at 8am for the email to arrive to update you on what we’ve been up to for an entire year now. Time does fly when you’re having fun. Well, this anniversary brings with it something very exciting for us. Keep reading

  • Share on:
Chaos in our house

Bringing Order From Chaos

Gear: Trials and ErrorsUtah Trip

Wow! One week from today we leave on our great southwestern excursion. I don’t know how someone can be so ready and yet so not ready at the same time. The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind for everyone. I’ve been planning and purchasing in between work. Randi just finished her semester of piano lessons. The boys are in finals as we speak. We have spring piano recitals on Monday and Tuesday, the boys drive home from Florida on Wednesday, we pack everything up on Friday, and leave on Saturday. One might ask, “Where is this chaos to which you allude?” Well, let’s go upstairs and take a look. Keep reading

  • Share on:

Recent Posts

top hiking blogs


© That One Cool Hiking Blog, 2016. All of the content on this blog is property of That One Cool Hiking Blog. Feel free to share our posts and pictures in their original form and context. Also, make sure to provide full and clear credit to That One Cool Hiking Blog with specific locations of the original content.